Thursday 15 November 2012

Building the Bread Oven Foundations


I managed to get some stone from a skip to finish off the dry stone wall around the area I'm going to build the Bread Oven. It's heavy stuff is that stone- core blimey! Amazing what people throw away though!

Anyway, when I'd done that I dug 4" down into the ground to create the foundations for the Bread Oven. I then poured concrete into it until it was about 3" deep. I then leveled it off and whilst it was still wet, I set some paving stones into it. The paving stones are about 2" thick and I got them from my Mother's when she had her greenhouse removed. I used six paving slabs altogether.

As you can see from the pictures, I've laid some bricks down to make sure I build the Bread Oven the size I want it. I'll let you count the bricks in the photo whilst I have a cup of tea.

I keep getting laid off with the rain but once the base is laid I can start the brickwork.

#HungryYorkshire

No comments:

Post a Comment